Carefree Vacation Planning
During 2020, the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic disrupted vacations for many people across the globe. Fortunately, Hawaii had very few cases of this serious disease, due to their quick action to restrict travel into the state. Hawaii also prohibited all short-term rentals for several months, interrupting the vacation plans of many travelers.
As Honokeana Cove prepared to reopen for guests, we noted two big changes:
- For the first time, travelers realized that unexpected events can totally disrupt vacation plans. Therefore, guests planning a holiday wanted to see flexible cancellation policies, “just in case.”
- Also, travelers wanted to know about cleaning and disinfecting procedures, so that they would not worry about catching disease while they were relaxing.
We think you’ll be glad to read about our improved policies, which apply not just to unit 114 but to all units in the Honokeana Cove Rental Association:
Flexible Travel – Book with Confidence!
- If COVID-19 restrictions interfere with your vacation dates, you may cancel your reservation at any time and receive 100% refund of your deposit, with no cancellation fee.
- Otherwise, if you cancel 60 days before check-in, you will receive a full refund of your deposit less a $50 cancellation fee. However, if you need to cancel because of health or another personal reason, contact the office for a “raincheck.” The raincheck applies the full value of your deposit, with no fee, to a future reservation.
- If you cancel from 0 to 60 days before check-in, your deposit is normally forfeited. However, if you need to cancel because of health or another personal reason, contact the office for a “raincheck.” The raincheck applies the full value of your deposit, less a $50 change fee, to a future reservation.
- Raincheck re-bookings are valid for 13 months, for rental in the same condo unit.
Enhanced Cleaning & Disinfection
Our professional cleaning service now performs enhanced cleaning and disinfection before each guest’s arrival, as recommended by CDC and the State of Hawaii, for the safety of guests, owners and staff. We strive to provide reassurance so that you can enjoy a Maui vacation with no distractions!
Here are some of our additional cleaning practices:
- The Rental Office will provide face masks, hand sanitizer and disinfectant to those guests who wish to use them.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at gates and in laundry rooms.
- High-touch areas such as gate latches and handles, barbecues, laundry rooms and common areas will be disinfected twice daily.
- Housekeepers and supervisors will don clean masks and gloves before servicing every unit and dispose of them after cleaning.
- Housekeepers will clean and sanitize each rental unit using EPA hospital-grade disinfectant sprays and cleaning agents.
- The cleaning of each unit will include extra emphasis on door handles, light switches, remote controls, telephones, countertops, drawer and cabinet handles, refrigerator handles and fronts, faucets, sinks and floors.
- All dishware including plates, bowls, glassware, coffee cups and silverware will be washed at high temperature settings.
- All soft surfaces, including couches, occasional chairs and mattresses will be sprayed with a disinfectant to assure cleanliness and safety.
- Linens and towels that were used will be removed, placed in disposable bags and individually marked by unit; no dirty laundry will be mixed together.
- All laundry will be washed with the highest heat temperature and additional drying time, to ensure proper sanitization.
- We are providing sick pay to ensure that no employee who develops symptoms of infection will come to work, or remain at work.
Book Your Vacation Now!
We took advantage of the coronavirus closure to rebuild our heated swimming pool and its deck. In addition, our cleaning service performed “deep cleans” and our contractor performed touch-up work. Unit 114 is sparkling and waiting for your return! If you’re ready, click HERE to Book Now.