Carefree Vacation Planning
The coronavirus pandemic beginning early in 2020 caused suffering and loss of life across the globe. Even those who did not themselves get sick found that their personal plans were disrupted due to health and travel restrictions. Hawaii had relatively few cases of this serious disease, due to their quick action to restrict travel into the state. The state also prohibited all short-term rentals for several months, interrupting the vacation plans of many travelers.
When Honokeana Cove reopened for guests, we noted two big changes:
- For the first time, travelers realized that unexpected events can totally disrupt vacation plans. Therefore, guests planning a holiday wanted to see flexible cancellation policies, “just in case.”
- Also, travelers wanted to know about cleaning and disinfecting procedures, so that they would not worry about catching disease while they were relaxing.
We think you’ll be glad to read about our improved policies, which apply not just to unit 114 but to all units in the Honokeana Cove Rental Association:
Flexible Travel – Book with Confidence!
We encourage you to plan ahead and book reservations for future dates. We have a flexible policy that protects you if you need to make changes:
- If government health rules interfere with your vacation dates, you may cancel your reservation at any time and receive 100% refund of your deposit, with no cancellation fee.
- Normally, if you cancel 60 days before check-in, you receive a full refund of your deposit less a $50 cancellation fee. If you cancel within the 60 days, your entire deposit is forfeited. However, if you need to cancel because of health or another personal reason, contact the office and request a “raincheck.” The raincheck applies the full value of your deposit, less at most a $50 change fee, to a future reservation.
- Raincheck re-bookings are valid for 13 months, for rental in the same condo unit.
Enhanced Cleaning & Disinfection
Our professional cleaning service now performs enhanced cleaning and disinfection before each guest’s arrival, as recommended by CDC and the State of Hawaii, for the safety of guests, owners and staff. We strive to provide reassurance so that you can enjoy a Maui vacation with no distractions!
Here are some of our additional cleaning practices:
- Hand sanitizers are available on the property.
- High-touch areas such as gate latches and handles, barbecues, laundry rooms and common areas are disinfected daily.
- Housekeepers and supervisors don clean masks and gloves before servicing every unit and dispose of them after cleaning.
- Housekeepers clean and sanitize each rental unit using EPA hospital-grade disinfectant sprays and cleaning agents.
- The cleaning of each unit includes extra emphasis on door handles, light switches, remote controls, telephones, countertops, drawer and cabinet handles, refrigerator handles and fronts, faucets, sinks and floors.
- All dishware including plates, bowls, glassware, coffee cups and silverware is washed at high temperature settings.
- All soft surfaces, including couches, occasional chairs and mattresses are sprayed with a disinfectant to assure cleanliness and safety.
- Linens and towels that were used are removed, placed in disposable bags and individually marked by unit. No dirty laundry is mixed together.
- All laundry is washed with the highest heat temperature and additional drying time, to ensure proper sanitization.
- We provide sick pay to ensure that no employee who develops symptoms of infection will come to work, or remain at work.
Book Your Vacation Now!
During the few months when Hawaii was restricting visitors, we improved our swimming pool and “deep cleaned” and updated many condos, including #114. Honokeana Cove is more beautiful than ever, ready to welcome you. If you’re ready, click HERE to Book Now.